- For each home there is a base rate that covers the first two people; this rate varies by season date ranges.
- $25 for each additional person over age 2 per night up to the maximum occupancy for the home.
- 3.56% State sales tax
- 2% Local Marketing District tax
- Taxes and fees are computed in addition to the base rate.
- $69 non-refundable damage protection fee on all reservations.
- $175 cleaning fee on all reservations.
Please see our Rental Agreement for more detail.
Our HOA-maintained, chip & seal and gravel roads gently and safely traverse from the base roads to the high elevations where the best views await. There are few guard-rails though, so take care at night and during inclement weather. Share the road and bring a vehicle that’s ready for the climb. For a taste of a climb from the gatehouse (bottom of the hill) to the top of Windcliff (Cedar condominiums) in some rather spotty weather, click here. And the descent of the hill (in far nicer weather) here.
If you’re visiting in the winter or spring, see the question “Are your roads open and plowed during snowy weather?” below.
No, we do not support online booking. Windcliff is a tight-knit community, so we connect with our guests personally.
- Closed windows trap warmth inside the house, so use the cooling breezes during warm summer afternoons by opening windows on opposite sides of the house (those out-of-reach to bears) to cross-ventilate the home with fresh air.
- Pull all the blinds down when gone during the day to prevent the house from warming in the afternoon sun.
- Remember to close the windows at sundown; you will likely be reaching for jackets or a blanket soon!
- Thermostats control heating only, so do not turn them down during warm temperatures.
- Reservations are not considered “guaranteed” until Windcliff receives your signed Agreement and receives and accepts the required deposit and full payment.
- If your signed Agreement and full payment is not received and accepted by Windcliff at least 14 days prior to your arrival, your reservation may be cancelled by Windcliff.
- You agree that Windcliff may charge your card on file for the remaining balance after deposit without notice no earlier than 60 days before arrival.
- Windcliff reserves the right at its discretion to charge a security deposit at the time of reservation in the amount of $500.
- This deposit will be refunded in whole or in part at Windcliff’s discretion after an inspection and possible repair of the premises by Windcliff.
- Yes, $25 for each approved additional guest over 2 guests (over 2 years of age), charged per night per guest.
- An expected total guest count per night is required at the time of reservation.
- You will be charged without notice for additional guests not disclosed to Windcliff.
- The number of guests must be pre-approved by Windcliff.
- If you bring in extra guests without prior approval and payment, you may be asked to vacate the rental property and forfeit all rent paid.
- A visitor is an occupant in the rental property that is not staying overnight.
- The total number of persons permitted in a rental property including visitors is 150% of the maximum occupancy for the property.
- Any visitor staying overnight is considered a guest and subject to additional charges.
- Any occupancy for daily use in excess of the maximum is a violation of this Agreement.
- Windcliff does not guarantee against mechanical failure of electrical service, stopped plumbing, water supply, heating, hot tubs, audio visual equipment, computers or internet access, television or appliances.
- Please report any inoperative equipment to Windcliff immediately.
- Windcliff will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently.
- No refunds or rent reductions will be made due to failure of such items.
- The roads and driveways leading to your rental property are maintained and plowed.
- Nonetheless, you may experience ice, snow-packed roads or snowdrifts at any time.
- Windcliff is not responsible for any adverse driving conditions that may impede access to your rental property.
- Four-wheel or all-wheel drive vehicles are required in snowy and/or icy conditions.
- $299 of your deposit is non-refundable and is applied to the cost of your vacation rental.
- Subject to following the Rental Agreement, the remainder of your deposit is refundable provided you cancel your reservation at least 90 days prior to your arrival date.
- Between 60 and 90 days prior to arrival, the entire deposit amount will be forfeited if cancelled.
- Starting 60 days prior to arrival, there is no refund of any kind in the event of cancellation.
- Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m.
- Check-out time is by 10:00 a.m.
- Departing from your rental home late without prior approval of Windcliff will incur an additional night’s rent.
No. Windcliff is a tranquil, private community in a rural setting, and does not provide these facilities. The nearby YMCA of the Rockies is a terrific destination for groups in need of these amenities.
For your convenience, you will find a starter supply of:
- Laundry detergent
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Dish soap
You must purchase any required additional supplies. The kitchen is not stocked with staples or spices.
- Please inquire about availability of Pack N’ Plays and Highchairs in specific rental properties.
- If you require a Pack N’ Play or Highchair and it is not provided in the rental property, please notify Windcliff in advance.
- These items may be provided subject to prior availability.
- You accept all liability for the use of Pack N’ Plays or Highchairs.
- All of our vacation rental homes provide WiFi Internet access.
- Mountain Internet providers often struggle to provide good speeds. sub-10MB/S down and sub-1MB/S up is not uncommon.
- The Windcliff office is also equipped with WiFi Internet access available to you during our regular business hours.
- You are also welcome to come to the Windcliff office to print your boarding passes during our regular business hours.
- Windcliff’s cleaning staff will ensure that your rental home is clean upon your arrival.
- If your vacation rental home’s cleanliness upon your arrival does not meet your expectations, please contact Windcliff immediately.
- Windcliff does not provide daily maid service.
- If you require trash pick-up, please notify the Windcliff office.
- Each rental property provides parking for a the maximum number of cars indicated on that vacation rental home’s page.
- Parking is not permitted on the Windcliff roads.
- All vacation rental homes are nonsmoking, no exceptions.
- No smoking of tobacco or marijuana products are allowed anywhere on Windcliff property.
- If there is evidence or smoking inside your vacation rental home, your card will be charged a minimum of $500 without notice.
- You are not allowed to provide your own grill under any circumstances, but all of our vacation rental homes provide propane grills (check each house’s individual page for details).
- Use of barbecue grills is limited to propane (gas) grills located in some vacation rentals.
- Discharge of firearms or weapons of any kind including paint ball guns, pellet guns, BB guns, pistols or rifles is strictly prohibited everywhere at Windcliff.
- No fireworks are permitted in or around the rental property or anywhere at Windcliff.
- Yes. Please stay on the Windcliff roads when hiking.
- Do not cut across private property which causes erosion of the fragile mountain landscape.
- No hiking across private property.
- Only the Kinney home permits guests to bring one dog.
- Pets are not allowed in any other Windcliff vacation rental home.
- If there is any evidence of pets having been inside your vacation rental your credit card will be charged a minimum of $250 without notice.
- A basic supply of towels and linens is provided in each vacation rental.
- Bed linens and bath towels are not changed during your stay.
All vacation rental homes include:
- TV with cable or satellite
- DVD player
- Local telephone
- Wood burning or gas fireplace
- Depending on the season your reservation must be for a minimum number of nights.
- For Prime Season the minimum stay is 5 nights.
- For Fall and Special Seasons the minimum stay is 3 nights, except for Christmas/NewYears which has a minimum stay of 5 nights.
- For the Value Season the minimum stay is 2 nights.
- You must pay a deposit when reserving your vacation rental homre.
- $299 or one night of the cost of your vacation rental, whichever is greater
- You waive all rights to bank account interest that may accrue on your deposit.
- A fee of $25 will be charged for returned checks
- Confirmation of your reservation will be emailed to you.
- Please read the confirmation for accuracy of dates, mailing address, number of adults and/or children and accommodations.
- Notify Windcliff of any errors within one business day.
If you encounter a problem or emergency after hours you can always reach us by 24 hours a day. The owner of Windcliff Vacation Rentals lives in the neighborhood and previously was a Windcliff vacation rental guest just like you. We care, we are aware, and we want your vacation experience to be special and worry-free.
Vacation rentals are not for everyone, and neither is Windcliff. We insist that our guests respect our policies and the quiet residential nature of Windcliff. Large groups, parties, weddings, sports teams etc. are not compatible with our family-oriented vaction rental home atmosphere.
No. We do not allow motorcycles, ATVs, trailers, or RVs. Our roads and community are not compatible with motorcycle, ATV, trailer, and RV traffic.
Airbnb is not a good fit for our business, so we do not have a presence on Airbnb. Our vacation homes do appear on Flipkey and VRBO, though.
Yes. We will coordinate with you directly about how to find your keys, map, and other instructions.
While Windcliff is highly proactive about plowing and maintaining our roads, you are responsible for your own transit. Please do not attempt to access the Windcliff roads during snowy weather without four-wheel or all-wheel drive.
Call us at 800 748-2181 or email us at email@example.com. You will discover that everyone here in the office is very knowledgeable about each home, the neighborhood and the Town of Estes Park. If we can’t answer your question, we will research it and get back to you. We understand that the decision to rent a vacation rental home is important and we want you to only have good surprises. Our guests frequently tell us that the website undersells Windcliff. It’s hard to put mountains into a camera!
Windcliff makes every effort to keep this page up to date. If errors or variations occur, Windcliff will make reasonable effort to update this page to reflect those changes. When in doubt about anything or if something here doesn’t look right to you, please call us.