3D Tour of Akela’s Lookout
- “Akela” is the wolf featured in Rudyard Kipling’s Mowgli stories collected in The Jungle Book.
- In scouting, “Akela” is a symbol of wisdom in the Cub Scout program, usually the Cubmaster or Den Leader.
- “Akela” is this home’s owners’ 10 year old Great Pyrenees – Aussie rescue dog – and she (and this home) are special!Akela’s family has been coming to Estes Park for over 50 years, starting at the YMCA of the Rockies. In 2017, the Foster legacy became permanant in Windcliff when they bought Akela’s Lookout as a second home to enjoy this very special place in the Rockies.
You Are Surrounded!
Surrounded by the beauty and sounds of nature, this 5 bedroom, 4 bath fully custom home by Westover Construction is in like new condition.
Inspiring panoramic views of Rocky Mountain National Park and the Continental Divide surround you from every vantage point. Every aspect of this gracious home blurs the distinction between nature and the indoors, inviting your gaze into panoramic views of snow-capped mountains, evergreen forest and azure blue skies.
This home is situated on a secluded and forested one-way trail high up on Ram’s Horn Mountain in Windcliff Estates. All-weather roads provide easy access to downtown Estes Park without sacrificing the beauty and serenity of the mountain setting. Roosevelt National Forest is steps away and Rocky Mountain National Park is an easy walk from the front door. The property is forested with Ponderosa Pine and Douglas Fir with natural plantings served by an automatic irrigation system.
This luxury home is designed around an open concept Great Room with garage, laundry/mud room, kitchen, dining area, living room and master suite all on one level. Quality custom finishes include oak flooring, wood plank ceilings in several rooms, solid core paneled doors, extensive use of tile and granite, vaulted or raised ceilings, excellent mechanicals (in floor heating, large capacity hot water tank, whole house ventilation, and air conditioning on the main level) and a carefully considered floorplan that provides easy flow between public and private spaces on two levels.
The Main Level features include a grand entry with massive front door, oak flooring, open staircase on one side, and flow into the living and dining areas with sliding doors onto the main level deck and the step-down Living Room which features a majestic cathedral window wall and large stone gas fireplace.
The gourmet Kitchen features a massive six-burner gas range, range hood with custom tile backsplash, stainless appliances, double oven/microwave, solid cherry cabinets, center island with bar seating for four, granite countertops and custom tile backsplashes throughout. A discrete Powder Room is tucked in adjacent to the kitchen and dining area.
The Dining area, perfect for family gatherings or dinner parties, is open to the Kitchen and Living Room, and features grand views from every aspect.
On the main level is also a Mud Room/Laundry Room with sink, washer/dryer, and excellent cabinet storage that connects to the two-car garage featuring floor drains and sealed concrete floors.
Step into the gorgeous Master Suite with vaulted ceiling and window wall, and luxury Master Bath with granite counters, beautiful custom tile flooring and walls, dual vanities, infinity edge soaking tub, spacious shower with edgeless glass surround, secluded water closet, large walk-in closet and separate linen closet.
As you descend the carpeted staircase you are greeted by a spacious Den with wood ceiling beams, solid stone gas fireplace, floor to ceiling windows to the view, full-light door onto the spacious lower deck, and large wet bar with wine refrigerator, custom cabinets, and granite counters. From the Den there is easy access to a second master bedroom with ensuite luxury bath, three additional bedrooms and additional full bath.
In short, combine inspiring views, a secluded mountain location, a modern and spacious home with every amenity for relaxed and gracious living, and the mountain community that is Windcliff, and you will conclude that this home represents a very special opportunity.
- Direct TV includes HBO, Showtime, Starz, sports, and other channels. Please enjoy! There is also a DVD player downstairs.
- The kitchen is fully stocked with needed utensils: gourmet gas stove, panini grill, waffle iron, Magic Bullet, food processor, mixer, toaster, blender, hand blender for soups, coffee maker, and rice cooker. Please use placemats and coasters on the dining room table,
- The house is child proofed with outlet covers, cords up high, gates, and a pack and play and highchair are available upon request.
- There is an upstairs air conditioner and ceiling fans throughout the home for those hot summer months.
New and Ready for YOU
Normally, this is the spot in the home description where we’d lavish innumerable quotes of praise and thanksgiving heaped on us by previous rental guests. However, Akela’s lookout is NEW to the Windcliff Vacation Rental Program, so we would appreciate you not only signing our Welcome Book so that we can see all the interesting people visiting our home, but also post a review to TripAdvisor so others can yearn for your mountain vacation experience as well.
Although downtown Estes Park is only fifteen minutes by car, you will feel like a world away at Akela’s Lookout, separated from the hustle and bustle of cars and traffic. Windcliff is a mountainside community of private residents and vacation rental homes comprised of 260 acres on the sunny side of Ram’s Horn Mountain and has a single entrance with no through streets or heavy traffic.
Amenities at Akela’s Lookout
- Single Family Home
- 5 bedroom
- 3 1/2 bath
- Bedding – 1 King, 1 King, 1 Queen, 2 Twins, and a Pair of Twin Bunks
- Maximum Number of Cars: 3
- Maximum Occupancy: 10 over the age of 3 | 12 persons max
- Satellite TV, 2 HDTV’s, Phone Service, Gas Grill, Wi-Fi Internet
|2018 Value Season||1/3/18 - 3/1/18||$275/nt. plus $25/person after two||2-Night Minimum|
|2018 Spring Break Special||3/2/18 - 3/25/18||$415/nt. plus $25/person after two||3-Night Minimum|
|2018 Value Season||3/26/18 - 4/26/18||$275/nt. plus $25/person after two||2-Night Minimum|
|2018 Special Season||4/27/18 - 5/17/18||$415/nt. plus $25/person after two||3-Night Minimum|
|2018 Prime Season||5/18/18 - 9/3/18||$625/nt. plus $25/person after two||5-Night Minimum|
|2018 Fall Season||9/4/18 - 10/31/18||$475/nt. plus $25/person after two||3-Night Minimum|
|2018 Value Season||11/1/18 - 11/15/18||$275/nt. plus $25/person after two||2-Night Minimum|
|2018 Thanksgiving Special||11/16/18 - 11/25/18||$415/nt. plus $25/person after two||5-Night Minimum|
|2018 Value Season||11/26/18 - 12/13/18||$275/nt. plus $25/person after two||2-Night Minimum|
|2018 Christmas/New Year||12/14/18 - 1/2/19||$415/nt. plus $25/person after two||5-Night Minimum|
|2019 Value Season||1/3/19 - 5/2/19||$275/nt. plus $25/person after two||2-Night Minimum (3-Night Minimum in March)|