About the Windcliff Property Owners Association (WPOA)
The Windcliff Property Owners Association — or WPOA — is the collective author of the mutual covenants that protect both the appearance and the private demeanor of the community.
The WPOA owns and manages:
- Over 133 acres of private green space bordering both the Roosevelt National Forest and Rocky Mountain National Park
- Over 5 miles of private roads
- Three private water reservoirs (water purchased from the town of Estes Park, CO and distributed through Windcliff’s state-regulated private water distribution system)
- Four community sewer lift stations
- A mid-mountain maintenance facility
- Mailbox clusters
- Newspaper cluster boxes
- Community garbage storage and transfer facility
The Windcliff Property Owners Association Board of Directors is comprised of elected members who serve at the pleasure of the membership lead by a 7 member elected Board of Directors, 4 appointed assistant officers and eleven committees.
These committees include:
- Architectural Control
- Community Relations
- Forest Management
- Finance Committee
- Information Services
- Long Range Planning
- Mountainscape Preservation
- Nominating Committee
- Operations Committee
- Social Committee
The WPOA also employs 2 full-time employees for daily maintenance of roads and all other Association assets.
The board budgets for and establishes annual member assessments. For FY 2019 (June 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019), each home (or condo unit) is assessed $3,518 (homes in the Windcliff “5thSubdivision” were assessed $3,618) and each unimproved lot is assessed $1,655 ($1,755 in the 5thSubdivision). Assessment invoices are typically mailed in July and may be paid in one or two payments.
If you’re interested in living or investing in Windcliff, our helpful Estes Park real estate staff is here to help.